New way of downloading high resolution graphic is absolutely horrible

8 years ago
There are several significant cons against placing watermarks and lowing the quality of free images (which is 1MP currently):

1) Easy to overcome by just making a screenshot of a word cloud in the generator. Screenshots won't have watermarks and can be ~1MP if you zoom the web page.
2) Only 1-2% of free users sells something. But other 98-99% will be also affected by the change.

Also sooner or later those who sells Taguls 1MP PNG images we face with a client who wants HQ image (to be printed on a big poster for example) and they will have to buy at least the Basic pricing plan which means that their cost per HQ image will be at least $1. Therefore they can't sell HQ images (or products with HQ images) for low margin.

I suggest you to advertise that you sell High Quality word cloud art (both in terms of art and the quality of the images) and thus you ask extra $0.20 - $0.5. Those who uses 1MP PNG images for free obviously can't advertise the same or will charge more.
Edited 14 Jan, 2016 13:19
8 years ago
Customers will not be prepared to pay more when they can get them so cheap - many are selling digital images for a £1 or £2 are are knocking out 100's - how can we sell a professional framed print and compete with that - and no most are really not that worried about it only being a 1mb as they have no clue what they should be asking for. I have sat today and gone through a craft group on fb in the UK there are literally 100' and I can tell by looking at the image its low res and they are selling. Today I produced an image and downloaded and 1mb its not brilliant but its acceptable - and it now costs me nothing instead of what I was paying you monthly before.
8 years ago
Hi Alex,

As mentioned previously on this topic, I am a small business and have low profit margins in order to remain competitive in the market. And can see that this has also been brought up by many others on this thread.
I understand that you have already amended the pricing plan but my question relates to the amount of downloads per month. I have signed up for the Basic plan which I am happy to pay for however because my business is so small I may not even sell 10 prints per month. I was therefore wondering if you would consider removing the time restriction on downloads to make it a bit more fairer for us smaller businesses?

Thanks

Nikki
8 years ago
I paid for the unlimited price plan this month because I was forced into it as I had orders to complete, I have since tried and tested it against the 1mb and to be honest there is not much difference in it. after my subscription ends, I will not be purchasing another. If the 1mb were watermarked, I would have no probs paying. but as a loyal customer, I feel somewhat cheated.
8 years ago
If non subscribers are abusing the free 1MP then allow only subscribers access, this will stop these sellers selling at ridiculous prices and should generate more business for all of us, then the price increases would be more justifiable to all
8 years ago
@DANSTE05, if you sell 1MP PNG images you will violate the Terms of Service and your account will be blocked.

We will consider how to limit the quality of 1MP PNG free image.
8 years ago
This is verging on the ridiculous now. By all means go after people that violate your terms but please don't further reduce the quality to those of us that subscribe.
8 years ago
@wookeywarn - he is not he is saying he will reduce the quality of the 1mb anybody who subscribes will get the higher res
8 years ago
@wookeywarn, when I said that we would consider how to limit the quality of 1MP PNG I meant only free accounts not paid ones. So I think there is nothing to worry about for paying users.
8 years ago
@wookeywarn, Someone mentioned in a previous posting that non subscribers are stealing the free 1MP and selling them for $1-2 and are selling 100s then it is to all our advantages to weed them out and stop them being able to download them, if they can not supply cheap clouds there customers if they want a cloud will have to use 1 of us (Tagul subscribers) which should stop the $1-2 prices. I am sure Alex will come up with a solution