New way of downloading high resolution graphic is absolutely horrible

8 years ago
@ dafin
the price per cloud might be ok, but the hole system is user unfriendly if you have a download limitation. With every order my clients get about 3-5 layouts and they can choose which one they like the most. I can't go on with my shop without giving my clients the possibility to choose a layout. With the new system I have to pay for 3-5 clouds minimum per client. If a client wants to see another layout, I have to pay again. For me it's customer service, but now I have to pay again and again.smile
8 years ago
markus I understand what you are saying and we all give great customer service but you can't do work for nothing, people will take and take if you give them the option, if they want proofs then charge them even only 20 cents to cover your costs but I bet you find they will not want 3-5 proofs if its not free.

The whole word cloud market has been devalued, Alex was given his product away at $95 per year when other were $200, I agree the first increases were very high but now he has brought his prices in line with others and everyone is still complaining, this is the best software and customer service

Maybe we should all increase our prices a little, the problem is people doing it for "extra cash" are willing to make 50 cent profits so hopefully these increases from Alex will stop them from selling at a ridiculous/devaluing price.
8 years ago
You know, honestly … I don't really use this site much, so for me to do the $10 for 10 download thing … I would end up paying $10 for one download thanks to it expiring in a month … where as I would probably load up a few downloads if they didn't expire. People complain about the price increase, I think it's fine … I just don't have a use for a per download payment that expires in 30 days. 3 months doesn't change it out there. and honestly, even if there was a full year, it doesn't really make sense to do a full year or even 3 months in advance since it's still the same rate month to month for 12 months as it is 12 months in advance (both cost and downloads) … I would reference stock art sites. (or any subscription model really) where they have a set purchase plan (x credits or downloads for y price, expires in a year) generally about 25% higher than a subscription download for a month per image. then you have subscription, and the subscription would have a 1 month price, the 3 month price and the 12 month price (all billable in advance) so you pay more month to month, but it's less if you buy a 3 month plan, and less even for 12 month (when broken down month to month) That is the basic stock art site plans and they all do it and excel at it. just a suggestion. I mean, if it didn't expire for a year, I would probably pay $15 or so for 10 downloads to get stuff for my customers when they need it.
8 years ago
There may be many pros and cons that can be discussed.
I will definitely keep on working with this site and keep on supporting
the good work.

Nevertheless - as a client I feel perplexed and mistreated by taguls new
business practices. The new structure makes it harder for me, to keep on
working like before - my profit will decrease - and: I do miss real improvements in operability of the site in face of the massive price increase!
8 years ago
The thing you are also missing Alex is my business is within the hand made craft area. Just go look on the big craft groups on fb (UK) and you will see absolutely loads of people selling word art designs from your site - using the 1mb - making lots of money. Us loyal customers who have been paying because we want to give our customer a better resolution quickly get priced out the market. Change the 1mb down to 72dpi and water mark it that way they can't get it for free - charge a small amount for 1mb downloads and it will create an income for you and also mean us loyal customers do not need to be charged through the roof for higher resolutions.
8 years ago
So, does anyone know of any equivalent programmes that can achieve the same or similar results?
I'd only just started with these prints so am really peeved to say the least!
When you check on Etsy or eBay as examples, prints sell for so little, with everyone trying to outdo each other (obviously).
It will be interesting to watch the 'market' to see how this affects the pricing or if the market just dies with sellers branching out into other new directions?
8 years ago
And DavRoz, I completely agree with your comments. Target those who 'abuse' the system for want of a better word and reward loyalty (present and future).
Yes, you have to 'speculate to accumulate' but not out and out robbery!!!! smile
8 years ago
Angiel1167 I have found that the market for this is no where as high as it use to be already. There are other word art providers out there, just type in google
8 years ago
Hi Alex,
I totally agree with DavRoz about watermarking. People are selling the 1mb for free, hats why it is not profitible for us to pay.
8 years ago
Hi, I totally agree with DavRoz and DANSTE05. Not only are people selling low quality images at very low prices, they are also doing this without a commercial license to do so and pricing the more professional of us out of the market.