New way of downloading high resolution graphic is absolutely horrible

8 years ago
When you reach the download limit you will need to purchase another pricing plan or you won't be able to download HQ images.
8 years ago
Hi, appreciate you listening to your customers Alex. I think this new pricing structure is fair.
8 years ago
Blimey! That is a huge increase!
Can already see the market is going to die because of it.
For items that historically are fairly low-priced I can't see the correlation between the pricing of the plans and the charges for completed prints - unless you are one of the lucky few who can turn around vast amounts of orders daily.
Oh well, out of our control I suppose but very disappointing I must say.
Good luck in 2016
8 years ago
Agree with all! New pricing plan is too expensive! I could suggest at least Lite pricing plan 9,99 US dollars with 50 HQ downloads but only 10, it's definititely too expensive for me!
8 years ago
I am also a small business with low profit margins. I have been subscribing to Tagul for well over a year now and love the software however to introduce a price increase as discussed even if it were £12.50 per week just isn't viable for me due to the small amount of orders I take. I will definitely have to find another software to use.
Will check back on this site in 6 months to see if its still running at these prices….although I doubt it.
Good Luck
You will need it!!!smile
8 years ago
I cannot afford to keep up subscription either. I just don't sell enough for it to be worth it. However there will be some that can and will, so I suppose my subscription wont be missed! and the needed cash flow will be generated from their purchases.

I do feel a little pushed out. But I guess it will only spur me on to come up with other ideas and who knows what could come from that!! And in truth the Word Art market does seem pretty saturated at the moment. I will still be using the free stuff for personal use smile Love a good word cloud! smile

Good Luck Alex!
8 years ago
With others and will be going to the alternative to tagul (much cheaper than your proposed pricing)

Ridiculous way to treat existing customers - the very least you could do is keep your legacy customers on your old pricing - or you will lose 90% of your customers overnight.

We will keep tabs on pricing and if it is still as ludicrous as currently suggested we will be off - we run at an incredibly small profit margin, as others, and find a 600% increase + a new limit to downloads obscene

When a customer buys from us (and others on here) and do not like a proof, we re do the cloud and re send until approved - for our corporate clients this can be 10-20 proofs - which is 5 customers a month for 30 dollars? And a limit?

Crazy - Good luck!
8 years ago
After the holiday break my heart sank when I logged into Tagul today for the first time in 2 weeks. Probably the worst New Year gift I could have had!

I, like others, have been a loyal Tagul customer for a long time and whilst I would love to continue to support this superb enterprise I just cannot continue with this pricing structure - I just don't sell enough (I could be 1 or 5 a month - who knows!) and the ones I sell I just don't have a high enough margin. Can you please confirm whether downloading the vector counts as HQ download because I could do this 20 times for each design after a client says "can you just move this here, or make this bigger"?

And now I will spend the rest of my day looking for another software platform as this is not viable for me I'm afraid. Good luck with it all… smile
8 years ago
@wookeywarn,

Can you please confirm whether downloading the vector counts as HQ download
EPS / SVG vector counts as HQ download as well as PNG 4MP, 16MP and 32MP.

Can't you send 1MP PNG to your customer to make sure he is satisfied?

I just don't sell enough (I could be 1 or 5 a month - who knows!)
You are welcome to buy 3 months / 6 months / year plan (will be available soon) to mitigate the monthly limitation.
8 years ago
Thanks Alex, sadly no, the word clouds are often not used on their own - I resize them or most often incorporate them into wider designs. It would have been useful for you to understand how your customers use their designs before you decided on pricing.

I am sure I am not alone in not knowing how many I am likely to sell - some months I sell none and some months maybe only 1 but it might require many many iterations and if each time my customer changes their mind (which happens a lot in afraid), some months I might sell 5 - all of which are awkward customers (you know what I mean!) it would not be viable.

You are clearly now aiming at a large volume market of which I am not and I am very very saddened to go but if the multi months plans are not affordable to me then I shall have to go elsewhere.