Editing without revisualising

5 years ago
I just need to change the spelling of one word in my word art piece. I want everything else to stay in the same position, same colour, size, etc.
But when I edit the spelling of that word in my words list (as recommended in posts in this forum) and then revisualise (again as recommended), not only does the spelling of the word change (as I want it to), but the position of all the other words changes again - revisualising gives me a whole new layout each time, even if I only want to alter one word and keep everything else in situ.
How can I rectify this please? Thanks.
5 years ago
Hi Jo!
You cannot change the spelling without revisualizing unfortunately. I recommend you to switch to the edit mode and then lock other words except the one you want to change spelling. Then revisualize. After the revisualization the locked words will keep their position thus preserving the layout.
5 years ago
Great, thanks for clarifying that, Alex. So, I’d have to lock every other word individually, right?
5 years ago
Yes, you have to lock every other word individually
5 years ago
Ok, thanks.
5 years ago
Did that, now how do I unlock the previously locked words now that I've fixed the spelling and revisualized that one word?
Edited 20 Mar, 2019 15:26
5 years ago
You can unlock a word using the same lock button
5 years ago
I did that, but nothing happened? It stayed greyed out. When I hit revisualize, it moved the word, which was what I didn't want to happen.
5 years ago
BTW you don't need to unlock a word if you change its spelling. It will be unlocked automatically during the visualization. Could you please try to change the spelling and visualize again?