No Repeat Words not working

5 years ago
Hello. I have a word cloud where I do not want to repeat words…instead, I want the word with a high number in the size column to be written larger one time only. I have Repeat turned Off in the Word options. In Layout options I have Words Amount set to Keep As Is (which I saw in another forum post).

Really, it would be so much simpler if the list I imported would automatically do this – set each word to an appropriately larger size based on # of occurrences within the cloud instead of repeating it.

Shelly
5 years ago
Hi Shelly, you may have duplicated words in the words table and therefore you see them repeated in your wordart. Could you please check? If it is not the case then please save the wordart and advise its name so I could check what is wrong there.
5 years ago
Thanks Alex. Maybe I was doing it wrong. What I wanted was for a word cloud to be generated where the most frequent words in my uploaded file would automatically be larger than words that had a lower frequency. My list had about 320 rows, and some phrases were duplicated as many as 13 times. I tried to find a way to have the word cloud reflect the frequency of the words by making them larger. What would have been the right way to do this? I ended up having to manually delete the repeated words and assign a Size number to them instead. It took a LONG time.
5 years ago
What I wanted was for a word cloud to be generated where the most frequent words in my uploaded file would automatically be larger than words that had a lower frequency
That's how it works by default when you import a text. If I am not mistaken you used phrases like "project manager" and they cannot be automatically parsed from a text. In this case the only way is to manually prepare the list and input it (or load from excel or CSV) into words table.
5 years ago
Thanks Alex. Is that because the phrases are more than one word that it doesn't work?
5 years ago
Exactly