Filling a narrow space

6 years ago
I am working on a shape made of letters. The font I am using now has two parts that are rather narrow – the first leg of the M and the second arm of the U. The U fills in completely with a bunch of words. However, the M, starting at the lower left corner, fills in with 1 word at the bottom, then a huge space, then another word, then a space, then finally starts filling the whole thing. The bottom "tip" of the M also doesn't fill, but I can understand that – it's a sharp point, so there's no room. Not a big deal.

I've been fiddling with word amount and density, and I've made a little progress, but still the M doesn't fill in like the U does. Any suggestions? The name of the pic is Maurice2.

Thanks smile
6 years ago
Hi! I suggest you to set the words amount to 999 (max amount) and re-visualize your word art. Then move the "define" slider to the left to remove the small words but keep "M" filled.
6 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply. When I use 999 that fills the M! But then you said "move the define slider to the left" which I first assumed must mean "move it to "keep as is" but that removes most of the words (except the big ones), and M doesn't stay filled. I tried a few other things, but can't figure out how to remove small words without un-filling large portions of the shape.
6 years ago
No, there is a slider under the Auto / Keep as is / Define options with a number on it. Move the slider to the left to reduce the amount of words placed. After visualizing with 999 option you will immediately see the results when moving the slider.
6 years ago
Got it! Works great, thanks. Appreciate learning all these little tricks.