Inserting a photo

7 years ago
Is there a way to make a word cloud and insert a photograph?
This would be an awesome feature. Please reply.
7 years ago
What do you mean by saying "insert a photograph"? You can add a photograph to your shapes list and create a word cloud in the form of the photograph. Is that what you want?
6 years ago
I was having a class adding words to our holiday card, and I wanted to put our
class picture in the middle - how do you import an image to this?
Thanks
6 years ago
You cannot add an image inside a word art. You need to download it and then add an image to your word art image in any image editor.
5 years ago
Hey Pat. I just realised you posted 4 months ago. Hopefully you can use it this year or maybe someone else will see it and have a try.. I havent used this site in a long time since prices went up but i do check back every now and then and see what s new and have a play smile i spent many hours creating with these word clouds so i can expand on Alex's post a little bit.

I have achieved just what you are describing by using GIMP editing software alongside wordart.com word clouds.

First you need a template that has a cavity for your picture. You can get this by creating your own template using paint (available for free on windows) and creating either a black circle or rectangle on a white background then saving it. NOTE: This is the basis for your final image and so should have the correct proportion for your final look - the black shape will represent your photograph placement.

You are then going to want to upload that image to wordart.com to make your word cloud. You want the words to be everywhere except that black shape so choose the invert option(if I remember correctly!!).

Then you are going to create your cloud, choose your colours and your fonts (dafont is my favourite place for fonts) and words get creative and when you are happy make sure you choose a transparent background and save and download Your wordart image.

Now comes the trickier part if you are not familiar with GIMP (Photoshop or other editing software will work too but GIMP is open source and therefore my first choice) you want to firstly open your wordart with GIMP -

Then you will add your photo (you can drag and drop it in to GIMP.

Then you will need to add another layer - this layer should be white (YouTube or google adding a layer in gimp if you need to know how to do this). We add the white layer so we can work more easily with the whole image.

So you will have three layers now -first your word art then your photo then your white background. They must be in this order to get the look! Check that you have them in this order and can see all of your layers.

You will likely need to resize your photo layer to fit nicely in your word free space. (Google.how.to resize a layer if needed) If you are feeling creative or know your way around GIMP then you can soften or feather the edges of the photo! YouTube has great tutorials on how to use GIMP if you are a newbie with it. You will then export this as an image (.png or .jpg) from GIMP and voila you should have your photo inside your wordart with a white background smile

I hope i havent made that sound trickier than it is! I hope that's helpful, have fun!!! smile