New Word Art programme

6 years ago
Hi Alex, love the new programme but thought I'd just start a thread for a couple of things that need to be requested to make it as easy as the last

1) when entering word art as a list last time you were able to allo0w spaces so if i put in

love
laugh
happy
always together
perfect

in a list like that when importing words it would appear as 'always together' on one line. In the new word art I'm back to having to put ~ between spaces which is just bleurgh and taking up too much time.

2) Capitalisation

If I press capitalize its only capitalising the first word so if I typed in 'always together' and capitalize it would say 'Always together' in the previous version it would say 'Always Together'
I know these are little things but they are going to add a lot of time for those of us running businesses so if they could be put back to the way it was that would be perfect.
6 years ago
Hi! Thank you for your feedback.

1) Please enable "CSV format" when importing words and it will work as before
2) Will be fixed in the next version
6 years ago
Cheers Alex for that, theres tons of good things about it so awesome work. Loving the ability to use different colour formats etc and the bigger image to work from is so good! If I come across any other little niggles I'll let you know smile
6 years ago
BTW, you don't need to use text import to input words. Just input them directly in the words table using the enter key.

P.S. the 4.0.5 version with second point fixed has been just released.
Edited 17 Nov, 2017 12:49
6 years ago
Hi Alex, loving the new programme too although I haven't had a chance yet to try all new functionality but the ones I have I love. One thing I have noticed is on the old version I use the little gap between the animation and edit mode buttons as a guide to centre text that I may add top and bottom. I can't seem to do this on the new version as the work space I see for the image doesn't seem to reflect the actual size the same way. It appears large than it actually is. Is it possible to have a guide to where the centre is? smile
6 years ago
Hi MACY1969, we've just released the new version that has the central marks in the edit mode. Please check it out!
6 years ago
Hi Alex, PERFECT!! Thank you smile
6 years ago
Hi Alex, the font size option is not showing as default in the new programme. I have seen that I can select this, from maximise (default) to manual). I am sure I didn't need to do this before. My design is not creating as is should though when I set one word to '2', the rest are appearing too small, has something been changed? Can you let us know when the you are switching to the new version as I am a little worried that there may be some little issues and it is a really busy time so need things to run smoothly smile
6 years ago
Ok. I'll try to explain the difference below.

Old version
You have size column in the words table and "words size" parameter in the layout section with "maximize" (default) and "use size column from words table" options. Words in the words table are sorted using the size column from biggest to smallest. Let's say you created a new word art and imported a text. You will see the words list with different sizes, but by default the sizes are used only to sort the words in the table. If you change the words size option to "use size column from words table" then the sizes will be counted when actual word size is calculated during the visualization.

New version
You don't see the sizes by default because (as I described above) the actual size values don't matter, what matters is the position of a word. The closer a word to the top of the list, the bigger a word will be. When you switch to the "manual" option for the size parameter, you actually make the size column displayed and enable "use size column from words table" option in terms of the old version.

I suppose that you used the old version with the default "maximize" option, and now when you just want to see the words sizes, you unintentionally change the size behavior. I recommend you not to switch to "manual" in the new version if you need the old default behavior.

Hope it clarifies the issue.
6 years ago
Hi Alex, thanks for the reply. I will need to look at it again.
Another question, I can't seem to find where I can refresh colours, a function I use a lot, was in colours and animation on old version? smile