Please don't force me to use your new creator.

6 years ago
…at least until the new one incorporates ALL of the functionality of the old one - such as the ability to rapidly add random colors to a palette and deleting those you don't want. I have often discovered great new palettes by that sort of serendipity, as opposed to deliberate color selection.

Also, kindly implement the ability to rename files within my storage area. This is a basic file management function.
Edited 20 Nov, 2017 07:01
6 years ago
Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback!
such as the ability to rapidly add random colors to a palette and deleting those you don't want
This functionality has been added in the latest 4.0.7 version

Also, kindly implement the ability to rename files within my storage area
You can rename a word art by opening it and using the name field at the top right corner. We will consider implementing the name change functionality on word artwork page.
6 years ago
I would like to duplicate a file in the generator, I am really missing this function. Also I don't know how to change the color for all words right now.
And I would like to delete a few words in one step - it was possible in the old version.
Edited 24 Nov, 2017 15:54
6 years ago
I would like to duplicate a file in the generator
Save your word art and then use "save as" from the more menu. It is equal to duplicate functionality in the old version. The new "save as" functionality gives you more flexibility. For example you saved a word art that is fine, started experimenting and created another good looking word art. Then you would like to keep both. It was not possible with duplicate only but now possible with "save as".

Also I don't know how to change the color for all words right now.
Basically the same as in the old version. Change a color directly in the words table or click on the palette button in the style section.

And I would like to delete a few words in one step - it was possible in the old version.
An hour ago 4.1.0 version was released that allows you to do that.
Edited 24 Nov, 2017 16:24
6 years ago
Thanks for your response. Another function I miss in the new version is the ability to select multiple fonts by holding down the CTL key in the FONTS panel. By doing so, random assignments of diffferent fonts are made and - serendipity - you eventually find one you like by re-visualizing your word cloud several times. This is not the same thing as assigning different fonts to specific words in the WORD panel, which are then fixed and not randomly assigned.
6 years ago
Fonts multi selection with SHIFT and CTRL keys works fine at my end. Could you please advise the text you see at https://whichbrowser.net/, so I could understand what software you use?
6 years ago
Thank you Alex!
6 years ago
Multiple font selection works in FireFox, but not Chrome.
Edited 24 Nov, 2017 22:11
6 years ago
Hi Brian, at my end multiple font selection works in Chrome as well. Which version of Chrome do you use? Does your monitor have touch support?
6 years ago
I'm using Chrome v62.0.3202.94. What keys are you pressing to get it to work in Chrome? I've tried the CTL key (with left mouse clicking on font names), as well as SHIFT, ALT and all possible combinations such as SHFT-CTL, CTL-ALT, SHFT-CTL-ALT, etc.