Colored Shapes

10 years ago

I love the new colored shapes. I'm currently making several clouds for a project using the colored pinwheel shape. Almost all of my clouds worked fine with each color staying separate. They look really good.

However, a few of them ended up with words that crossed over to other colors. It looks good because the colors blend just like paint would, but it's not what I need for this project. I need them to stay the six separate colors. I've used the same layout settings and I've re-visualized it several times hoping it would go back to "normal".

Any suggestions?

10 years ago

When you add your image there is a dialog box with image options and there is "Draw border between colors" checkbox. You need to enable it to achieve what you want. Also I suggest you decreasing amount of colors to 6 (by using appropritate slider).

10 years ago

Alex,
Thanks for replying. I see that dialog box in the custom image window. However, I'm using one of your stock shapes. The rainbow flower or swirl -- first image on the sixth line.

The first time I visualize it, it's separate colors. And some clouds I've done have stayed separate. But some clouds, after the first visualization, cross the lines and mix the colors.

I have not been able to determine what makes that happen or keeps it from happening... any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

10 years ago

Could you please save any cloud with crossed lines and advise its name? I'll look into it.

10 years ago

Thank you.

Two examples are the IEW cloud or the History Sentences Swirl Blend. I think they look good blended, just not for this project.

Thanks!

10 years ago

@Ebeth
I've fixed the bug that caused color crossing.
You can open your cloud and try visualizing it.
Thank you very much for the info!

10 years ago

Alex,
Perfect! Thank you for such a quick response! I love your site.