Hi res image no different to low res

8 years ago
Having created some clouds I initially downloaded the free 1MP image but was unhappy with the crispness of the text so purchase an upgrade and downloaded the same image at 32MP. However, on printing the new image it is identical to the old image, no crisper. I have printed them using photoshop elements, resizing the images to fit A4 but that's all. What is going wrong?
8 years ago
Hard to say. Could you please send to support email the 32MP image you printed so I could see if there is something wrong with it?
8 years ago
I have found the exact same issue Laurapotz - interested in the answer.
8 years ago
Thanks Alex. I have done some more investigating and discovered the problem appears to be something with photoshop elements and not the original downloads. If I print them direct from Windows photo viewer they print properly (and the hi-res image is definitely better) but if I open it in photoshop elements to resize it the image goes really pixelated when printing. The current two images I am printing are just to fill an A4 sheet so I can cope but is there a known compatability problem with photoshop elements or do you know what I need to do differently?
8 years ago
I am not aware about any compatibility problems with Photoshop Elements. Tagul produces PNG images according to the standards so it is up to Photoshop Elements to handle it correctly. I guess the issues arises when PNG image is resized in Photoshop Elements.
8 years ago
Laurapotz -

If you are trying to print a rectangle to an a4 piece of paper - use paint/gimp/photoshop to make a rectangle then upload the image and use that this will give the A$ shape and eliminate the need for resizing when printing to A4. If it is for another shape then GIMP is totally compatible for resizing purposes.
8 years ago
You don't even need to create a rectangle in an image editor. Just choose the square shape, click on the gear icon at the bottom right corner and in the popup window set ratio to 0.7 (A4 aspect ratio). Then click OK and visualize your cloud.