Words to small.

9 years ago

Hey!

First I wanna say thank you! I was just starting out to do a word cloud manually in photoshop because I couldn't find any useful tool, after an hour of typing in texts and text sizes I gave up and found this site ;)

It's nearly perfect, but some words are to small to read, I have about 450 words and I can't reduce the amount...
I imported an Excel chart with the words and their count. Then I noticed that in the cloud there are different sizes for words with the same count? And some of them are pretty small.
Is there a way to set a minimum size for the smallest word? Or any other way to make all of the words readable without reducing the amount of words?

Thanks
Steffen

9 years ago

Hi Steffen,

there is no way to set a minimum size for the smallest words.
A word's size may be not exact as you specified in Size column because Tagul tries to fit a word in available space and it can be smaller than intended.

BTW, by default Tagul maximizes words sizes to fit available space. To disable this select "keep as is" checkbox for "Words relative size" in "Layout" section. Then Visualize your cloud.

Is it better now?

9 years ago

No, it isn't better..
Maybe I try to do two different clouds and sort the words bei nouns and verbs. Or I try to manipulate the size of the biggest words to get more space.

But thank you for your fast reply, Alex!